Menu
zimrich
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Changing phone / swapping to micro sim

Hello

My stepson has a contact samsung phone (paid for by his father - not me)

I have gifted him my old Iphone5S which is now unlocked, but his sim doesnt fit.

What's the best way to swap over to the micro sim needed for the Iphone and transfer over ?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Changing phone / swapping to micro sim

Hi zimrich,

the account holder will need to give Virgin customer services a call on 789 from a Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone & request a new SIM of the correct size.

You just have to pay for postage: 99p standard or £2.99 for next day.

Alternatively, cut your existing SIM down to size.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

AlexKid wrote:

Hi zimrich,

the account holder will need to give Virgin customer services a call on 789 from a Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone & request a new SIM of the correct size.

You may not have to pay postage, just depends on the person you get on the phone.

Have swapped standard Sim to micro sim twice now, and was lucky enough to get them sent for free, (person just asked if I wanted free, (up to 4 days) or next day for £2.99)

Also, be aware they will ask you if you want it pre-registered or for you to register when you get it.

If they pre-register, they will cut off the original sim there and then, leaving you with no phone until the new sim arrives (OK if you pay £2.99 as it should arrive next day) but if you have to wait 4 days or so, might be a problem.

I chose self activation, and when the new sim arrives, you can do it yourself, and it only takes an hour or so before it's done, meaning you are not without a phone for too long. (full instructions come with the sim  and are easy to follow.)

Hope this helps.. Smiley Happy 

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi zimrich,

HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

AlexKid wrote:

Hi zimrich,

You may not have to pay postage, just depends on the person you get on the phone.

Have swapped standard Sim to micro sim twice now, and was lucky enough to get them sent for free, (person just asked if I wanted free, (up to 4 days) or next day for £2.99)

Also, be aware they will ask you if you want it pre-registered or for you to register when you get it.

If they pre-register, they will cut off the original sim there and then, leaving you with no phone until the new sim arrives (OK if you pay £2.99 as it should arrive next day) but if you have to wait 4 days or so, might be a problem.

I chose self activation, and when the new sim arrives, you can do it yourself, and it only takes an hour or so before it's done, meaning you are not without a phone for too long. (full instructions come with the sim  and are easy to follow.)

Hope this helps.. Smiley Happy 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Take the SIM to your local phone shop. they will cut it down with a stamp out machine. I had two done now, first one cost me £1 the other shop did it for free, takes about 10 seconds.

0 Kudos