Menu
no1phil
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Changing Sim Card Size

Hi there,

My partner and I are both current Virgin pay as you go customers but have just recently purchased and Lumia 640 via the carphone warehouse upgrade offer. However I have a nano sim card from my moto g and my partner has the standard sim card size from her current phone.

As the lumia 640 says in the manual that you should not use sim adapters will it cost to get the correct sim card size for our current numbers sent out?

My second question is that the Lumia 640 also comes with a new virgin number and the correct size of sim card. Instead of requesting the correct sim card size gets sent out can we just transfer our current virgin numbers to the new virgin sim cards included with the phone?

Thanks in advance for any help given Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Changing Sim Card Size

Hi, the only way to transfer your existing numbers to the SIM's that came with the phones would be to call 789 & request a PAC code.

Port your existing number out to another network (cheapest/easiest available SIM from any other network).

Request a PAC code from your new provider then port it back to Virgin on your new SIM cards.

Bit of a palava that Smiley Tongue

The best thing for you to do would be to call the Virgin team on 789 or 0345 6000 789 & request a new SIM of the correct size. 

(I think it's free unless you want to pay for next day delivery).

AlexKid :-)

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, the only way to transfer your existing numbers to the SIM's that came with the phones would be to call 789 & request a PAC code.

Port your existing number out to another network (cheapest/easiest available SIM from any other network).

Request a PAC code from your new provider then port it back to Virgin on your new SIM cards.

Bit of a palava that Smiley Tongue

The best thing for you to do would be to call the Virgin team on 789 or 0345 6000 789 & request a new SIM of the correct size. 

(I think it's free unless you want to pay for next day delivery).

AlexKid :-)

no1phil
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thnks AlexKid Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
no1phil
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Called them today and getting one sent out. It did cost 99p standard or as you said £2.99 for next day, but can't really complain about the 99p and the great thing was that it can just come off your airtime balance so no need to give out card details Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi no1phil,

I'm really glad to hear that you've got this all sorted Smiley Happy Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
dvarpala
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos