Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Changed mobile phone

How can I get my VM mobile account changed to reflect that I now have a different mobile phone? The new phone was purchased sim free and not from VM.  I cannot see anywhere on the My mobile site to amend such details.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changed path phone

Hi Graham_A,

this isn't something that you are able to do yourself from your online account.

You could try giving customer Services a call (free on 789 from your mobile). Provide them with the details, make, model, IMEI and they may be able to make the change for you.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changed mobile phone

Thanks for your input. I am aware I can't do this myself. Hoping that we can cut out the 789 route and that the Forum Team can pick this up. Otherwise will take this to the SU forum.
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I'm also hoping my old IMEI can also be removed with out ringing 789 again, I've rung in once and the poor lady didn't have a clue how to go about it - so I just politely said good-bye and hung up.

AlexKid said: "Provide them with the details, make, model, IMEI and they may be able to make the change for you."

I am hoping that information can be left out, just like it is/has been for all the other sim-onlys I've had.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Graham_A wrote:
Thanks for your input. I am aware I can't do this myself. Hoping that we can cut out the 789 route and that the Forum Team can pick this up. Otherwise will take this to the SU forum.

I don't think that anyone can ever be bothered to go down the 789 route Smiley Tongue
(None of the phones listed in my own account hub are correct).

This is a question that has cropped up a few times, I give the standard response and no one ever reports back to confirm whether or not they were successful in getting the device information updated.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi @AlexKid, thanks again. May be we can push this thread to the powers that be, so that this issue is properly addressed.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham_A,

I've had a word with our Mobile Team to check into this for you and have received verification that third party equipment cannot be added on to your account.

Your account will show your Virgin Mobile SIM and any handsets received from us, but there's no provision to add third party handsets at this time and as far as we are aware, there are no plans to change this in the future.

To @teabag, I've check on your query as well and we don't remove inactive handsets supplied by us. The system is set up like this for various reasons--obtaining unlock codes and insurance purposes, for instance.

Sorry that I couldn't help further on these issues.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Terri_P,

thanks at least for adding clarification to the situation.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Terri_P said
"To @teabag, I've check on your query as well and we don't remove inactive handsets supplied by us. The system is set up like this for various reasons--obtaining unlock codes and insurance purposes, for instance.

Sorry that I couldn't help further on these issues."

Maybe that's why I can't get anywhere when phoning. lol

Still left a bit stunned, Virgin have never supplied me with a phone, the old IMEI on my account was for a old (5 year ago) NON Virgin PAYG phone which the guy in your shop added when I took out a sim-only, I'm now on my 3rd or 4th phone since that was added. Maybe time for me to move on and pac number across just to get rid of this old IMEI number on my account - having to many problems trying to upgrade to 4g via your website with it saying my phone is only 3g and I can't upgrade to a 4g sim.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@teabag, let me check back with the Mobile team to find out why this would stop you from being able to upgrade online and see if we can get this fixed. I'll get back to you as soon as I have more information on this for you.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help