Menu
Strawballs2002
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Change of circumstances, messed up Contract.

Just before Christmas 2015, I took out a 2 year contract for an iPhone 6s. Circumstances changed outside of my control (ex partner kept the handset) and Virgin Media blocked the phone. 
Unable to cancel the contract so I'm being pursued for the outstanding. 
I'm with o2 at the moment but happy to stop that at any time.
Is there any way that Virgin Media can call off those pursuing me and re-instate the contract so that I'm not expected to pay for something that I cannot use? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change of circumstances, messed up Contract.

Hi Strawballs2002

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch about the messed up contract you had with us previously and a warm welcome to the community forums.

In order for our teams to support you with this it would be great if you could get in touch with them directly via 0345 6000 789.

That would allow the teams to access your old account with us securely and for them to offer you any support they can. This may be in the form of a payment plan or arrangement. If you are able to retrieve the phone back from your ex, we may also be able to unblock this for you.

With respect to the situation you have mentioned above, you would still be liable to pay for the contract as you agreed this with us as a customer. I understand the situation you have mentioned above is a difficult one but it is outside of our control as has been created in a personal dispute not because of something we have done as a company.

Please let us know how this goes.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos