Menu
lostsoul
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Change in sim only deal

So a few weeks ago i got a text saying my minutes would be increased on my sim only deal, currently i pay £7 a month for 150 minutes, 500 mb data, unlimited texts and free virgin home and mobile calls, my allowances were renewed on the 26th, i still only had 150 minutes, so tonight i phoned to find out when the change would happen

I got told that at my next monthly renewal on the 26th August my minutes will increase to 1000 but also my price will change to £8 a month, i know thats still cheap and i shouldnt be complaining but on the virgin mobile site it shows a sim only deal for £8 with 1250 minutes, same data same everything else, so why do i only get 1000, the nice lady told me i could cancel my deal and get the new one but it would probably overlap leaving me to pay 2 months money and that she culdnt do that for me.

why dont existing customers get the same deal as new ones? why should i get less for my money than someone else...the lady couldnt answer my question, she did say she would add 300 minutes to my phone as a sorry, which so far i havent got...i understand deals change but we should all be offered the same one surely?!

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change in sim only deal

I would phone in on 789 and take the "thinking of leaving us" option during office hours, ask too be put on one of the new sim-only deals you have chosen.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If your still on line and see this in time, you have upto 8pm to do above, I've just rung in and changed one of my sims over to one of new ones OK.

BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
lostsoul
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i will ring them tomorrow and change over, my husband has the same sim deal as i do so his will be changing too, looks like both of us will be phoning them tomorrow.

The only thing is when i spoke to the lady at virgin, she said if i wanted to change i would have to overlap the sim deals, so i would have to pay for the one i currently have and the new one at the same time...is that right?

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It just sounds like the lady you spoke to was just not clued up enough to know what she was trying to doing, it sounds like she wanted to send you a new sim to replace your old one - it does not work that way, you just need to phone and tell them what sim deal you want, then on your next refresh date the change over to your new sim deal will start, no new sim or any overlaps.

Take the "thinking of leaving us" option and they should sort you quickly and easily, the new sim-only deal you choose will start automatically on your next refresh date.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi lostsoul,

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble changing your SIM only deal.

I just wanted to check on the updates and see if teabag's advice has worked.

Have you contacted the team again?

Were you able to get the deal you wanted?

I'm keen to hear the update so please let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
lostsoul
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i havent contacted about that yet because we've been having a few other problems with virgin mobile...once those other problems are sorted then i'll try to change my sim deal.

0 Kudos