Menu
Jamie_McI
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Capping your phone usage

Hi,

I regularly use more than my phone package, and am charged for it!!

Is it possible to cap my account, so I get an error/limit message, rather than getting a big bill?!

I never use all of my minutes/text messages, but regularly use my internet allowance and much more.

I don't want to increase my package for a higher one.

I'd like to cap my internet usage, which would stop me using the internet, but still allow me to continue making use of my phone and text allowances.

Thanks.

Jamie

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Capping your phone usage

If it's a android phone you can set a data limit in the phones settings and the data will automatically turn off, believe this can also be done with a windows 8 phone.

No such setting in Apple's ios, you would need to monitor your usage and manually turn data off.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.

All Replies
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If it's a android phone you can set a data limit in the phones settings and the data will automatically turn off, believe this can also be done with a windows 8 phone.

No such setting in Apple's ios, you would need to monitor your usage and manually turn data off.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
Percival1
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This is a very poor response from a service provider. 

I have this line for my daughter and she regularly exceeds the data limit. I would expect that once she reaches the max, no more data should be available with the CAP. But the Calls and Text should be available.  That is how O2 and Three work. With Virgin Mobile, the phone becomes a brick.  Also, even with the CAP, I always get a bill in excess of the CAP, because "the Bill is calculated 15 days after the Monthly rolling period and the system is unaware that the account has exceeded the CAP". I cant wait to cancel the contract.

0 Kudos
Justinuk73
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You would be better off using wireless where you can. Some places will have clowd eifi. I recommend signing up for that as its brilliant for using your phone in public places.

As for home, can be no good if you don't gave wireless at home. 

0 Kudos