Menu
jasonbrick
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Capping Mobile DATA !!!!!!

Hi,

Please could you tell me why every month you cap one of my mobiles which my Step Son uses because he has used over 3.5GB yet I am paying for 10GB ?????

This is totally wrong and fraudulent of your company to do this.... If Virgin Media have no intention of honouring a service then why offer it !!!!!

All I can do every time you cap my data is use the phone for phone calls & texts so it defeats the object of paying for 10GB data when you cant use it especially when you go over the 3.5GB fair usage policy cap !!!!!!!

This week OFCOM fined Vodafone a lot of money for charging their Customers and not providing that service.... Perhaps Virgin Media are Next in Line for a hefty Fine from the Regulators...

Finally can I have a full refund since I'm not getting the service I'm paying for ????

Thanks

Jason

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Capping Mobile DATA !!!!!!

Yep. They call it 'fair usage'. 

Yes, you get 10Gb before any other charges but try using 6.5Gb at those speeds and you will be hard pressed.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sadly as enlli  mentioned  there is a 3.5gb cap then the speed drops to 3G standard not the 3G+or H speeds

VIRGIN MEDIA'S FAIR USE POLICY. The usage terms say: 'For customers who joined Virgin Media after 25 June 2012 excessive use over 3.5GB of data per calendar month will result in their maximum bandwidth being restricted to 3G speeds (384kbit/s downstream, 200kbit/s upstream) on our network.26 Apr 2016

think that's bad it worse for older customers, all customers may have to pay up to get 4G when it arrives, as indicated by the head of mobile is September.

0 Kudos
jasonbrick
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies people :-) at the end of the day Virgin Mobile should not offer unlimited, 10Gb, etc if they are going to cap the service once you've gone over the 3.5Gb data each month....!

Although they stipulate this cap in very very very small writing in there terms & conditions they don't mention this what so ever when you look at the prices for there products as the customer would either not bother taking out a contract or go for the lowest option....!

To me if I wore to go to Tesco & pay for 3 cans of bake beans I get the 3 cans after paying for them because if they said sorry u can only take 1 can then Tesco would be committing fraud.....!

They have only started capping me since I was forced to come off the unlimited package which is not good enough...!
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I agree but the only alternative is to vote with your cash
0 Kudos