I've just come back from abroad and for the second time had absolutely no cover - no ability to use the phone and no way of resolving the problem.
I got a sim in November and said at that time I go abroad a fair bit.
They confirmed the country was covered and I could link to one of 3 service providers. I've just come back from abroad and for the second time had absolutely no cover - no ability to use the phone and no way of resolving the problem.
I got a SIM in November and said at that time I go abroad a fair bit.
They confirmed the country was covered and I could link to one of 3 service providers.
All good so far in the sales pitch.
Low and behold in December - and through Christmas - whilst away absolutely no cover - a brilliant time to be without a phone - thanks Virgin.
Back in the UK in Jan - contacted Virgin - talked to helpful person who assured that all was well - all is now working - should be straightforward no issues at all. All set up and just use.
Went abroad again for two weeks (back yesterday) and again no cover at all.
The messages from the 3 providers said "This SIM is not authorised for use on this network".
Tried the SIM in 3 phones (iPhone 4S - Galaxy Duo2 and HTC) and rebooted all and reset all and reconfigured all. Common denominator and source of problem is the SIM and Virgin SIM authorisation on the network abroad.
By the way - why suggest calling 789 (on the help section) if you cant get a phone connection - how would that 'help'.
I phoned up again yesterday (straight off the plane) and asked why it didn't work.
Apparently my profile hadn't been refreshed.
This prompts a number of questions
1) What does this process do that changes and fixes the problem (exactly and technically - I work in IT so I'd like a comms answer)
2) Why would my profile have not been refreshed and set up in November, December, January and March when I contacted Virgin about this need to use the phone abroad
3) I had already received a couple of texts stating my profile has been refreshed - what has the new version implemented that the previous ones have failed to apply.
4) What assurances and recompense can I expect when I go abroad again soon and I have zero confidence in being able to use my phone.
5) What recompense can I expect from the significant failures to apply the ability to use the phone abroad so far?
6) What is the extent of this issue - I am considering and FOI request to resolve this matter and will be keen to see this sorted with immediate effect.