Menu
dp391
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cant change my tarriff!

Hi, been trying to change my Tariff back to Starter, as I'm not really using the extras, but every time I try, I get an error message "oops, something went wrong, try again in a little while". Well, its been over a month now, and I did actually ring the call centre, and was told it had been changed for when my Tariff refreshed on June 7th. Its only as I've checked my bill today I realised it hasn't!!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant change my tarriff!

Hi dp391,

Sorry to hear your not able to make a change to your tariff online. 

As a heads up for you when you successfully make a change to your tariff you should receive a text message to state when this tariff change will take place, which is usually the refresh date. If you don't receive this message I doubt the tariff change has gone ahead.

If you are unable to make this change via your account online due to this error I would recommend calling our mobile team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or alternatively call 0345 6000 789 from a landline.

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
durhambusman
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, i have exactly the same problem and the same error. This has been going on for 3 days now. I phoned cs who seemed to be aware of the problem but as of yet it still hasnt been fixed. This is the second time i had to phone as my promotional credit hadnt been applied properly. Disappointing introduction to a new network. Come on virgin get it sorted!!!!!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi durhambusman,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear your'e experiencing similar issues trying to change your mobile tariff.

I would recommend calling us on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789 should you continue to experience these issues in future.

Many thanks.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
durhambusman
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the advice but ive phoned 789 on numerous occasions.

the problem seems to be that no one is able to resolve this problem, keep getting told that the IT team are working on it but no solution has been forthcoming.

this really is dreadful service. I find it had to believe that a mobile operator could really be this bad.

time to find another network me thinks.

0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had same issue when I was on pay and go so ended up using up the money I had and abandoned the sim card 

0 Kudos
riptag100
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have same problem too, new virgin sim, trying to change from the default tariff to big talk, error message when trying to do this online, and also via 789

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi durhambusman,

Thanks for posting.

I have responded to your issue on another thread here.

Many thanks

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos