Menu
kerryspald
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cannot send or receive texts. Cannot receive phone calls.

Since I joined Virgin the phone worked fine for 2 days until they tried to transfer my number. I have now spent over 4 hours on the phone, installed a new sim and still cannot send or receive texts or receive calls. Callers get 'This phone number is not valid' when they try and call. This has gone on for a week and I just wonder what I am paying for. I never had these problems with previous suppliers :-(

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot send or receive texts. Cannot receive phone calls.

Judging by posts on here Virgin seem to have problems porting some numbers. Sometime only a partial port happens.

Have you tried ringing 789

kerryspald
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. Yeah, rang 789 twice now. First time they sent a new sim. Second time they gave up saying let the phone rest for 24hrs and it might start working!
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Keep calling ask for it to be raised with EE request a ref number, you will need to speak to tech support

Chipmunk13
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi
I am having a similar problem, switched to Virgin about a month ago - constantly getting 'Emergency Calls Only' on display and even when 'Virgin' service available, I get a network error message trying to make calls or send texts.

Calls either not being received at all or going straight to voicemail, texts being received hours after they were sent to me.
Spent hours on the phone to 789 (When I've been able to get a connection!) and now on a replacement SIM - still getting problems.
Also spent some considerable time with Samsung technicians who claim nothing wrong with handset.

Utterly frustrated with it all, any advice welcome Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
kerryspald
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all the advice.

Rang customer services, threatened to leave unless fixed today and asked to be put through to tech services. Was put through to tech services, they started to talk about resetting my phone, I responded that there is a lot of information on the forum suggesting it is a fault with EE. The tech guy said hold on while he called EE, and 2 minutes later the problem was solved. 

So I suggest insist you are put through to tech services, and state the port is often an issue with EE.

0 Kudos