Menu
Don1969
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Cannot register

I recently moved from Payg to a monthly mobile contract, this involved a painful visit to our local Virgin shop and an even more painful call to customer services.
I now need to register for an online account, I cant. If I try to register I get as far as the security question..it is blank! So I have no idea what the correct answer is!
If I try to access my details using the information I do have, phone no, email address etc I am told I am not on their system!
I do NOT want to call customer services, I have difficulty talking and find it very embarrassing. I tried visiting my local shop again - they wouldn't help and just told me to phone customer services, despite explaining I have difficulty doing so!!
I also need the content restriction removing from my account, it blocks the most ridiculous things (clothes shops, toy shops etc etc). Again the shop just said call customer services!
I was also advised to download the app for my phone..well I have a Lumia, which is locked to virgin..but they don't have any app support for Lumia models!!
0 Kudos
Don1969
Joining in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot register

I was looking through other posts of a similar nature to mine, and I'd just like to mention:
My sim/phone service contract etc is active, and has been for over a month.
The security answer/question I set up by telephone with customer services does not work to log in, I've tried!
And I DO NOT WANT TO PHONE CUSTOMER SERVICES!!!!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Don1969,

I wonder with you moving from payg to a monthly contract that this might be the reason you are having difficulty logging into your account.

Last year when Virgin Upgraded their system, some of my numbers disappeared and the only way to view them again was to create a new account using a different email address and password.

This might work for you.

Register your Virgin mobile number here: Register

Use a different email address and password to your payg one (if you don't have a second email just create one with a provider).

I hope this works (if it does you'll be able to change your restrictions once you can access your account).

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Don1969
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlexKid,
No, I'm afraid it doesn't help! The registration process only gets as far as putting in my mobile number, then next is the security question - it wants an answer to a question, but the question is blank!!
The email address etc. I tried already are the ones set up with customer services when I open the monthly contract.
I have never had a PAYG account linked to this number in my name, or to my email address. When it was a PAYG number it was registered to someone else (my wife). The number was transferred to me when I went monthly. They have checked, the number is no longer registered to them!
Ironically, I have an EE mobile internet account as well, on the day I last went to the virgin shop and was told to phone customer services yet again I went to the EE shop to update some account details as well.. Absolutely no problem dealing with me face to face over the counter!
I would swap to EE if they had a deal that matched the deal I get on virgin...
Seriously, they could replace all of the staff in the virgin shop with a big sign reading " Phone customer services" for all the use they are.
0 Kudos
Lurcherlover
Dialled in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Don1969,

When you get to the blank field in the process, add the word you use as your security question when speaking to a member of the team over the phone. If you can't remember this word, then unfortunately, your only option is to call 789 and speak to someone. They can then go through some security questions and then change the password to one you will remember. Once reset, you can then complete the online registration.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Don1969
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lurcherlover,
That is exactly what I've tried, it does nothing. The page just resets with a yellow box saying to phone customer services if you cant remember your password!
Is there not an email address I can just message someone at virgin? I really do not want to phone customer services, despite telling the "assistant" ( and I use the term very loosely!) in the virgin shop in have difficulty talking (recent throat surgery) they insisted on leaving me stood there in the shop having to shout and basically spell every word using phonetics rather than take the phone from me and help.
Customer services ate not much help either, when we tried having my wife phone on my behalf, they completely ignored that I had difficulties and wanted my wife to deal with things and would only talk to me!
0 Kudos
Don1969
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

...and the password I am using is correct, it took about five tries of spelling it phonetically to the lady on the other end of the phone before she got it correct, so that password is now etched into my memory forever!
Despite that, I've also tried every other variation of how the password could be written just incase..no good either.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Don1969,

Thanks for keeping us updated. So we can look into this for you, are you able to let me know what browser you're using when you try and access your online account?

I want to try and pinpoint the fault.

Let me know when you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Don1969
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat_H,
I am using the version of explorer that comes with Windows 8.1, on a Virgin Microsoft Lumia 435.
Hope that helps sort the problem out.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Don1969 Smiley Happy

Are you able to try and register on a PC instead of the phone?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos