Menu
laurenc
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cannot recieve calls after porting my number from Vodafone

Hi. I switched from Vodafone to Virgin just over a week ago and kept my old number. Over a week later I still cannot receive calls. I have phoned Virgin 7 times, spoke to 7 different people who have advised me to do 7 different things. None have worked. I seen on the forum that Virgin have had problems previously with porting a number. I spoke to a customer advisor who assured me my problem had been passed to the MNP porting team, but as yet I am still unable to receive calls. As you can imagine this is extremely annoying, this phone number is also used for work so for more than 7 days I have been unable to take any calls (work related or otherwise). I am extremely unhappy with the service provided by Virgin as they just seem to be telling me to wait 24 hours and all will be fixed. I have waited 24 hours several times now to no avail. Clearly there was a problem porting my number, is there anything I can do myself because the customer service team have so far been useless! My next step is to leave Virgin completely, however I now fear I cannot take my number with me (that I have had for over 10 years and as mentioned use for work purposes) as it will not be transported over properly AGAIN.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot recieve calls after porting my number from Vodafone

Porting is a real problem at the moment it seems. Unfortunately there is nothing much you can do other than keeping at them. Saying you are using it for business will get you nowhere as they will claim these are not business accounts (They have a separate business section.)

I ran my own business for 10 years and learned early on not to use a MVNO as it just put in another layer where things could go wrong. 

Sorry can't be of help. These porting issues do seem to work out in the end, but that is of little comfort.

0 Kudos