Menu
Mickotabs
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot phone or use data in Spain

Hello, I have exactly the same problem now as when I was in Barcelona last December. EU calling is active, data roaming is on, travel pass purchased, all on an iphone6. Tried with auto network selection AND manual, currently on Orange but I cannot call anyone including Virgin to sort out. Using hotel wifi but my VoIP soft phone won't connect. This was frustrating last time but now my missus is with me so my 3 kids have no way of contacting me if there's a problem, unless I stay on wifi. Please email me with a solution
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot phone or use data in Spain

Hi Mickotabs,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues while roaming in Spain. Appreciate you may get important calls from family members.

I've got a feeling this potentially maybe an issue with the local network carrier you are connected to. 

You could still check roaming is active when you log into Your Account .

Click on plan and device

Click the tab manage services.

Make sure roaming is set to on here. If it isn't move the slider to on and click update. This will present you with a green success message. It may take up to 24hrs for this to go live on your account.

You can also check the call barring option to stop calls abroad isn't set to on.

You could also try the following steps if roaming is on:

Turn your phone off and then back on again

Go into your phone settings and select a network manually.

Try removing your phone’s battery, while it’s still switched on – this helps reboot it and find a local network

If after these steps you are still experiencing difficulties give our mobile team a call on +447953967967 from a roaming handset or land line so we can take a further look into this for you.

Let me know how it goes.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Mickotabs
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Too **bleep** late now, I'm back home. Going to Greece in a couple of months so you best get it sorted by then or I'll be looking for another provider as you are in breach of contract!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mickotabs,

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate this is frustrating for you.

I would probably recommend calling our mobile team before you go away in a couple of months time so we can make sure everything is active for you.

As you are back in the UK you can call our team on 789 or alternatively 0345 6000 789.

Many thanks.

Take care.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos