Menu
InCole
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cannot order a second SIM card - credit check success but credit card failure!

Hello all,

I am already a Virgin Broadband customer (and have been in the past as well) and am since January also a Virgin Mobile customer (12 pound sim only contract).

But now I want to order a second sim only for 12 pound a month but just as when I initially ordered the first sim card, I am getting errors when the phone people and the online system tries to do the credit card check.

I have already called the bank and on their side there is no issues. It seems to be an issue on the side of the control system (maybe because my bank has additional verification step when doing online payments?). I am with TSB and have a Debit Visa card.

Even more odd, I can see the 0.00 transaction for the check appear in my pending transactions on the online banking.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot order a second SIM card - credit check success but credit card failure!

Hi Incole,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with ordering this sim. So we can get this sorted for you, give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll get on the case.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot order a second SIM card - credit check success but credit card failure!

Hi Incole,

Did you manage to get this all sorted?

Please let me know if you need anything from me.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
InCole
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,

I called them and got connected to the sales team.

They tried and the card got rejected by the system then put me through to customer support who could not help and then back to another sales team member.

Then because they kept running a credit check, they blocked me for further checks for 30 days now... exactly what they did last month!

I am getting quite frustrated as the checks are passing but only the credit card is not accepted.

Then the last person of the sales team told me they need to put in my previous addresses because I have only been here since January 2016. But the first guy did not ask for that and ran too many checks. Now I need to wait 30 days to order a pay monthly sim!?

I am not happy with this at all, the faults of the sales team member workers preventing me from getting my pay monthly sim card. I really hope you can help on this.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me InCole Smiley Happy

I'm afraid I can't override the 30 day restrictions on credit checks as this is automated by the system.

You would need to wait before trying again.

I'm really sorry about this.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos