Menu
RuneyT
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cannot login to my account or bring PAC in!

Terrible experience moving to VM. Tried to order SIM online on Tuesday but order didn't complete. Can't login to account, just says "oops something went wrong. Try again later". Called and was assured it would be fixed if a new order was processed.

Reordered SIM by phone on Thursday. SIM arrived Friday so called to give PAC but customer service also can't access the account and need to set up a ticket with IT. They also suggested reprocessing another order for another SIM! Still getibg "whoops something went wrong"

Will simply cancel now and stay with my current provider as they have offered a similar deal and it doesn't seem like this will be easily resolved. Shame really but I need my old number and nobody seems able to resolve it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot login to my account or bring PAC in!

Hi RuneyT,

Thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you've had difficulties getting setup with us. Appreciate this is frustrating for you.

Sometimes our website can experience some glitches which can cause issues with us processing orders. You mentioned we raised an IT ticket regarding access to your account which is great but these tickets can take a few days to get processed. My Sincere apologies for the inconveniance caused by this.

If you need anything just let me know.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
RuneyT
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Oh I wish it were that simple.

Speaking to customer services now - The phone number (which I currently have in my possession) has been apparently registered to someone else, even though I have it and have a direct debit set up and have emails saying they will debit the amount, as well as the SIM working.

This is unbelievable.

I have been told nothing can be done until I write in BY POST (Yes, really!). So - I've stopped the direct debit and will now probably get a bad credit score.

I have never seen anything like this before.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi RuneyT,

Thanks for getting back me.

My sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused here. 

I will send you a private message shortly (red envelope, top left hand side) so I can gather some further details regarding this.

Speak soon.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
RuneyT
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Further update:

The complaints team finally got back to me mid September, explaining that there was a mix up due to the number being previously allocated to a pre pay user who had been inactive. I was assured that the account would be deleted and I would not be charged. I'm now happily using a SIM from The People's Operator. Everything went smoothly with them!

So - I assumed everything was sorted as the online account was indeed deleted too, and I no longer had access. Great.

Well - Imagine my surprise yesterday when I received the following email:

The bill for your Virgin Media mobile is online now and ready to view.

As we are not able to process your Direct Debit this month, please call us as soon as you can to arrange your payment. Just dial 789 free from your Virgin Mobile phone to talk to us.

To find out how much your bill is simply login or register at Your Account.

Got a question about your bill? Please click here for help.

I can't possibly go to my account because it's been deleted, and now I'm being charged for a service I no longer want that was supposedly deactivated. Since they can't take the money I suspect this will now affect my credit rating.

I am now at my wits end as I can't reply to the original complaints acknowledgement as it's an unattended mailbox, I can't call complaints, and I have no Virgin Mobile to call 789 from.

0 Kudos
RuneyT
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I will now raise the issue with CISAS unless somebody gets back to me today

0 Kudos
RuneyT
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have now called customer services and they say there is NOTHING THEY CAN DO, as the number is still registered to somebody else and they won't speak to me.

So - I AM GETTING BILLS FOR SOMEBODY ELSE'S MOBILE PHONE NUMBER AND CANNOT DELETE IT

THIS IS RIDICULOUS

Here is the statement about this bill from customer service "Sometimes emails are not correct so it might not be accurate".

Brilliant. My credit rating will be affected now.

0 Kudos