Menu
artuk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot install wifi buddy

I tried to install Vigin wifi buddy on my Samsung S3 mini but am told on the google play store that 'the app is incompatible with my device'

I am a Virgin 150meg broadband customer and have a 30 day rolling sim contract.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot install wifi buddy

Hi artuk,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems getting the WiFi Buddy app to download onto your Samsung S3 Mini.

Looking into this further, I have a few questions so we can get to the bottom of this issue for you:

• Did you purchase your handset from Virgin Mobile (you mention your sim, but was the phone provided by Virgin Mobile as well)?
  • Have you updated the mobile to the latest firmware?
  • What operating system is on your mobile?
  • Has your mobile been rooted?
  • Are you able to install the WiFi Buddy on any other device (ie..tablet or mobile)?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
artuk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for response, the problem is resolved.

I tried for several days to install and for whatever reason got the 'incompatible with your device' message, however, this morning it installed without a problem but I have made no changes to my phone in the meantime.

fyo I run android 4.1.2 and device is rooted.

I did email your Appfeedback team who asked for info such as OS etc and told me they would send a specific download link to use, I sent the relevant info but after 6 days no further response, but the google store version now installed fine on my phone, maybe they solved a 'bug' after my feedback?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi artuk

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us about this, I'm glad to hear that you've been able to install the applicationMan Happy

If you do find out what caused the app to no install I'd love to hear about it, we'll be here if you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos