Menu
lostsoul
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Cannot check bill or balance through mobile

Since Friday my husband hasnt been able to check his monthly allowance or bill through his phone, he rings, picks the option and it says we're sorry we're having a few technical difficulties please try later, he keeps trying,  phoned virgin earlier, they said there was nothing on his account to cause that problem and it was an issue the lady had never heard before, she said she'll flag it and we should ring back in 3-5 days.... i can ring and check my allowance and bill through my phone fine, we have different size sim cards so he cant check his in my phone but if he can ring everyone else and use his phone like normal i cant see it being a sim error, its just affecting 789, well option 1 and 2 through 789 to be exact because he used it to get through to someone this morning by using option 0 ( does that make sense?!)

Any one got any ideas?

0 Kudos
lostsoul
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot check bill or balance through mobile

any one?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi lostsoul,

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry your husband hasn't been able to check his balance with us using 789 since Friday.

I've just done a test call from my personal mobile and I'm able to get my allowances from option 1 and balance from option 2. So it does seem like it's specific to him.

How are things looking today?

As an alternative, he can log in to an online account here. If he hasn't set up an account before just go down to the 'register now' section.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
lostsoul
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

he still cant access it but can use the other options, have pressed 0 and spoken to someone twice now just to be told they dont know whats going on...very helpful virgin, i know he can check online but its easier just to press a button...i can access it fine from my phone too.

0 Kudos
lostsoul
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Another call to virgin to be told ( their exact words) i think maybe we might have had a few other calls about this problem, so maybe it might not be an account problem after all but perhaps it is, we have no further information to give you right now....well that makes things clearer!

0 Kudos
lostsoul
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

and another day of it not working...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi lostsoul,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry to hear the problem is still ongoing.

What does he check most, allowances or bills?

Has any of the agents mentioned passing this fault on to someone?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
lostsoul
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

the problem is still on going, on our first call to virgin they said they would raise a ticket? im sure thats what they said, they said to ring back in 3-5 days, they said it was definitely an account problem, my last call they said  they thought they had other calls about the same problem but weren't really sure and told me they had no further information to give us and to wait ....not sure how long we are supposed to wait for, its almost a week now,

my husband rings 789, presses option 1 and it goes through everything until it is supposed to say how much monthly allowance is left and then it says there is a technical fault in a female voice, the same with option 2, when he tries to check his bill he gets the same message but said in a male voice...he pressed option 0 to speak to someone and then pressed option 1 for phone/accounts etc... and that worked fine.

The fault only occurs when he tries to check his bill and allowance.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi lostsoul,

Many thanks for keeping me updated.

Raising a fault ticket to the networks team is the right way to go about it. I just wanted to make sure they've done this.

A 3-5 working day turnaround is usually given but if the problem is complex then it may take a little longer. There's nothing I can do to expedite the fault.

I'd definitely check back every few days to see if it's been fixed. Please keep me posted.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
lostsoul
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The problem is still ongoing, ive asked if they can check if a ticket was raised but all we're being told is be patient and the problem will be resolved....no one can say if its an account or network issue or why its happening and its been over a week now.

0 Kudos