Menu
helenmichellej
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Cannot change tariff

Hi, there is a long thread that started in September 2015 about how people have been unable to change their tariff online or even with operators on the phone.

There has been no update to that thread since October, when Matt H said he would investigate.

I've just tried for the first time to do this on the self-service pages online, and it also failed for me.

Could someone please get on this issue and update us? At the moment, my inability to change the tariff will cost me about £15-20 extra this month, as opposed to the £3 it would cost me to change tariff, if I can't do it before the 13th of the month...

This isn't fair on customers as it is costing us money. The page on which it says we can change tariff says we should be able to do this once every month. At the moment, VM are failing us on this with no update on why, or any news on when it will be fixed.

Can someone please update?

Thanks,

Helen

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot change tariff

Lee_B wrote:
Hi helenmichellej

As far as I am aware their are no issues at present for changing plans, ever over the phone?

Unless its account specific that they might be an issue but as far as im aware there is no reason why ?

are you in contract or out of contract ?

Hi Lee_B

Would tactfully advise that you read some of the posts regarding trying to change tariffs online before saying there are no issues!!

MANY people, myself included, have used our account to try to use the 'change tariff' option which is there on the online account!!

This allows you to choose another tariff from a selection, (which I believe are those available to you, according to what tariff you are already on)

When you choose a new tariff, it allows you to see what the new tariff consists of, and as asks you to 'confirm' your choice of new tariff

When you click on the confirm button, up pops the dreaded 'oops, something's gone wrong, please try again later' 

YET whether you try again next day, week or month THE SAME HAPPENS...

This HAS BEEN ONGOING SINCE MAY!! there are SEVERAL threads on this, and again Mat_H 'was supposed' to be 'looking inbto this' for me 6 weeks ago...I am STILL AWAITING A REPLY!!

choosing a 'new tariff'choosing a 'new tariff'the  result! 'oops'!!the result! 'oops'!! 

The above pictures are proof, actually taken from your own website!!  THERE IS a problem, yet it seems that VM will NOT accept there is, OR attempt to SORT IT OUT!!

Sadly, trying to change tariff over the phone is a nightmare IF you can

a) actually get through having to wait for up to 15 mins before giving up

b) get someone who actually understands what you WANT, rather than what they THINK you want!!

IF you do not want people to change tariff via the website, WHY offer the option, which only annoys people when it does not work, and then this forum's staff advise 'ring 789, or 150 and speak to our staff' ?? just remove the option to changer tariff on the website if you are unable to make it work!!

All Replies
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi helenmichellej

As far as I am aware their are no issues at present for changing plans, ever over the phone?

Unless its account specific that they might be an issue but as far as im aware there is no reason why ?

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Lee_B wrote:
Hi helenmichellej

Hi Lee_B

Would tactfully advise that you read some of the posts regarding trying to change tariffs online before saying there are no issues!!

MANY people, myself included, have used our account to try to use the 'change tariff' option which is there on the online account!!

This allows you to choose another tariff from a selection, (which I believe are those available to you, according to what tariff you are already on)

When you choose a new tariff, it allows you to see what the new tariff consists of, and as asks you to 'confirm' your choice of new tariff

When you click on the confirm button, up pops the dreaded 'oops, something's gone wrong, please try again later' 

YET whether you try again next day, week or month THE SAME HAPPENS...

This HAS BEEN ONGOING SINCE MAY!! there are SEVERAL threads on this, and again Mat_H 'was supposed' to be 'looking inbto this' for me 6 weeks ago...I am STILL AWAITING A REPLY!!

choosing a 'new tariff'choosing a 'new tariff'the  result! 'oops'!!the result! 'oops'!! 

The above pictures are proof, actually taken from your own website!!  THERE IS a problem, yet it seems that VM will NOT accept there is, OR attempt to SORT IT OUT!!

Sadly, trying to change tariff over the phone is a nightmare IF you can

a) actually get through having to wait for up to 15 mins before giving up

b) get someone who actually understands what you WANT, rather than what they THINK you want!!

IF you do not want people to change tariff via the website, WHY offer the option, which only annoys people when it does not work, and then this forum's staff advise 'ring 789, or 150 and speak to our staff' ?? just remove the option to changer tariff on the website if you are unable to make it work!!

helenmichellej
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The phone is in contract.

Here is the error I get. I got this one this morning.

VMScreenshot.png

0 Kudos
helenmichellej
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This is absolutely what I had found to be true. I get exactly the same sequence of screens as you do.

As you say, a bit of research around the site before posting, told me all that I needed to know - which is that there is definitely an issue.

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

hi helenmichellej

Can you confirm if you are on a standard contract where you pay 1 amount via direct debit

or

do you pay 1 amount for the airtime and then another direct debit for the handset?

ill get one of the forum staff to post in this thread and then they can request your account details etc.

Ill then take a look to see what the issue is and what we can do moving forward

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

0 Kudos
helenmichellej
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It's a single contract. One direct debit for phone and tariff.

This thread shows that lots of people have had the same problem and it's been ongoing for ages. This is one of about a dozen threads I found.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Mobile/Tariff-change/m-p/2981310

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It appears correct that people do have issues changing their tariff online , however,  I have seen many people change their tariffs online successfully so it may be worthy talking a look at the account for you.

Im not disregarding the fact that you and other members are having issues changing the tariff, however, have you spoken to Customer services or customer relations to change the tariff for you?

0 Kudos
helenmichellej
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I will try with customer service - but disregarding that for the moment - is there no plan to fix the actual issue online?

Every call to customer service adds to the time that other customers who really need to talk to them have to spend waiting... surely fixing ecare must be a priority?

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The online issue is clearly something that is been looked into and I can assure you that we do take note of what people put.

You are correct that every call to customer services adds time , however, its clear that you do have an issue. We would rather sort your issue out once and for all.

Don't worry about call times. we are quiet at present Smiley Happy

0 Kudos