Menu
bonifale
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cannot change my 30 day 500mB contract to the new 2Gb double data offer

Last week I phoned Virgin Mobile to change my 30 day 1000 minute 500 MB data SIM only contract to a similar one with 1GB of data instead for the same price of £8;
The new contract is scheduled to start on the 20th of this month.

Today I notice that there is a special offer available that doubles the data on this contract to 2GB for the same price.

Thinking that I could change the requested new contract to the newly offered terms I just called VM only to be told that because the new contract doesn't come into force until the 20th of this month that I cannot apply for this deal until then (after the cut off date) and that I cannot cancel the requested contract until it comes into force.

Virgin mobile are completely happy for me to cancel the contract that I have had with them for several years; losing a long term customer.

I think this is utterly ridiculous and it's almost certain goodbye to Virgin mobile and Virgin Media for me.  Whatever happed to customer care?

Does anyone have an email address I can complain to? I can't find one on the site anywhere.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot change my 30 day 500mB contract to the new 2Gb double data offer

Hi Les,

I do not understand why you were told that it's not possible to port your number. I can only assume that the advisor thought that you wished to transfer it straight from your old SIM to your new. (In which case that is correct).

However there is nothing preventing you from requesting a PAC, porting out to another network then back again onto your new SIM.

The postal address for complaints is:

Complaints
Virgin Media
PO Box 333
Matrix Court
Swansea
SA7 9ZJ

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bonifale,

Virgin Mobile don't have an email address for complaints (or anything else Smiley Indifferent)

However I think in this case your timing is just unfortunate Smiley Sad

From what I understand, you've been told correctly.
You cannot cancel a contract until it comes into force.

A possible workaround for you might be (although it is a bit of a faf and will still leave you a little out of pocket) to go ahead and order a new SIM on your desired "double data" tariff.

As soon as your "old" new contract comes into force, phone, give notice to cancel and request your PAC. (Yes this is the bit that leaves you £8 out of pocket because you're still paying for the month).

Port your old number (I'm assuming that you want to keep it rather than a new number) out to another network.

Once its established on a new network, request a PAC from them and port it back to Virgin onto your new "double data" SIM Smiley Happy

Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

bonifale
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlexKid 

Thanks for the response.  I had already decided that this was the only solution and just logged in to order a new SIM. 

It's just a pity they can't modify the order; just seems a bit daft.

Many thanks for your kind advice.

Regards
Les...

0 Kudos
bonifale
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh well the story continues…

I obtained a new sim on the 2GB double data deal in the hope of porting the old number to it.

I spoke to a nice lady in retentions a couple of weeks ago who tried her best to help.

She said that the best solution would be to extend the original 500mb sim to a 2GB data limit, a deal which cost a little more but that she would discount it back to the £8 that I am currently paying.  She could then cancel the new double data sim only deal that I had taken out but have never used on the network.  Brilliant! I get the 2GB £8 deal I’m after and don’t need to port the old number to the new sim.  Sadly because of the change to the 1GB deal was still in the system she was unable to do it at that time.  But if I called then after the change had happened they could do it then and all would be okay.

I just called the direct number to retentions that she gave me and was told that it was not possible to do what had been discussed; that they could extend the data on the old sim to 2GB but that the monthly fee would then be £9.

Okay, that’s easy I though; cancel the old sim, as I had originally intended to do anyway, and port the old number to the new 2GB sim; job done I thought; but no! I’m now told that it is not possible to port my old virgin number to my new virgin sim that am currently paying £8 a month for and not using.

Not sure how I currently stand as although I was at all times polite and respectful the lady I was speaking to was unhelpful, unpleasant and hung up on me.

Gone right off Virgin…

Does anyone know the postal address for complaints?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Les,

I do not understand why you were told that it's not possible to port your number. I can only assume that the advisor thought that you wished to transfer it straight from your old SIM to your new. (In which case that is correct).

However there is nothing preventing you from requesting a PAC, porting out to another network then back again onto your new SIM.

The postal address for complaints is:

Complaints
Virgin Media
PO Box 333
Matrix Court
Swansea
SA7 9ZJ

Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also

bonifale
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info; much appreciated; I will be writing to then.

More likely to port to another network and leave it there.  I'm well and truly fed up with virgin, this whole thing has been going on for ages.  A simple change of data limit!  I can't understand why its so difficult or why the so called 'retentions' woman was so at odds with the previous lady I had spoken to.  All I've done is follow virgins advice on the matter, have spent unnecessary money on a contract that I don't need and have to contend with rude unhelpful staff.

thanks
Les....

0 Kudos