Menu
tjc46
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cannot be heard when making/receiving calls but can hear recipient very clearly

Just recently my 4 month old Sony Xperia Z3 compact has developed this annoying fault when I make or receive calls, at first I thought it was a signal problem but it's no matter where I am the recipient says they can't hardly hear me or am breaking up badly even though I can hear them clearly, I have tried the fault fix service on the Virgin media site to no avail.    

0 Kudos
gillian1976
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot be heard when making/receiving calls but can hear recipient very clearly

I'm having same problem with my Zte kis that I got delivered from virgin less than 6 weeks ago
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot be heard when making/receiving calls but can hear recipient very clearly

Hello, both.

Send your handsets back for replacement. They have failed within six months, and are demonstrably not of merchantable quality. I've no idea how Virgin reacts when someone quotes the Sale of Goods Act to them, but if it's anything like other mobile companies, they won't know how to deal with customers who are asserting their statutory rights.

If it's possible with those handsets, take the cover off and get photos of the moisture indicators before you return the handset. It will help if Virgin declare the handsets to be moisture damaged. You might find it useful to search youtube for a demonstration.

(Note - I've no experience of Virgin making such declarations, but it's been suggested on here that phones have been returned unrepaired becuase of alleged water damage while the owner has stated categorically that the handset has been nowhere near any water.)

Solitaire1
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gorf for your comments and continued advocacy regarding Virgin Mobile's get out clause by using the liquid damage ploy. My battle with them continues.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We have four different mobile providers in this house, five if you include my stepdaughter who doesn't live here until she has either or both of a mountain of washing/a party she needs to attend nearby.

We have personal experience of two of those carriers, neither of them Virgin, refusing repairs because of "water damage". I only mention it here because others have said on this forum that they've suffered the same accusations. That's the sum total evidence I have when I suggest "all mobile providers play this card".

0 Kudos
tjc46
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much Gorf I appreciate your input, I will make sure i'll check those things you mention. Cheers. 

0 Kudos