Menu
Toghraee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cannot Transfer a Number between 2 Virgin Accounts , needs to go to Vodafone , and come back to Virg

I had a very funny experience here with Virgin Mobile.

I have a Virgin mobile account with 2 SIMs, 1 for myself as Monthly SIM and other for my wife as pay as you go.

we decided to convert her PayAsYouGo SIM to monthly plan. so I called Virgin support to find the way,

They told me that its so easy. just ask her to buy a new Monthly SIM card, and then we will transfer her number from PayAsYouGo to Monthly Plan.

We bought a new Monthly SIM as recommended.

We called Virgin to transfer the number, and this is what explained by the operator :

" You cannot transfer the number between 2 Virgin accounts. it should go to another operator only.  Maybe you can transfer it to a PayAsYouGo SIM in 3 or Vodafone and then again transfer it back"

looks funny but that is really the situation. I really dont know how to trust the operators in call centers. their daily quality is going down and becoming rude and rude. 

now Im in process of transferring the Virgin number to Vodafone, and hopefully will transfer back from vodafone to Virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot Transfer a Number between 2 Virgin Accounts , needs to go to Vodafone , and come back ...

Hi Toghraee,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry for any frustration caused on our part. We want to look into this for you.

Have you already ported the number to Vodafone for this?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot Transfer a Number between 2 Virgin Accounts , needs to go to Vodafone , and come back ...

Hi Tograhee,

How are you getting on with this?

Please let me know if there's anything that I can do to help Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Toghraee
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat

yes I'm fine. the number transferred to vodafone.  and again transferred back to virgin. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Toghraee,

Thanks for getting back to us and I'm really pleased to hear the number port has gone through for you.

If you need anything in future just get back to us.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos