Menu
tomhol
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling sim only contract within the 14 days cooling off period

I was recently on a Virgin 3g sim only 30 days rolling contract (250mins & 250mb).

On January 31st 2017 I ordered online a new 4G sim only 30 days rolling contract (300mins & 300mb plus double data promotion) which arrived on the 9th Feb. On the 11th February I rang up Virgin and spoke to an advisor about cancelling the old sim and keeping my existing number. She advised that they can not transfer numbers from Virgin to Virgin. (I realise now that I should have just rang up in the first place and upgraded my existing contract and asked to keep my number rather than ordering a new sim online.)

Therefore she upgraded my existing sim contract to the 4g sim only deal (300mins & 300mb) and she would send me a new 4g sim through the post and I could keep my existing number. She then put me through to retentions/cancellations team to cancel the new sim/contract which had arrived on 9th February.

I was advised by retentions that as it was within 14 days he would cancel the new sim/ contract and I would not be charged anything. I asked about current charges that were already showing on my account for the new sim/contract. He advised twice that any fees would be waived. I received a text message straight after the call to confirm that the new sim/contract had been cancelled.

My online account now shows recent charges as £14.27 and the new sim/contract still looks active on my online account. I basically have two active contracts on my online account.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling sim only contract within the 14 days cooling off period

Hi tomhol,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your mobile account cancellation. Has this been sorted out for you now?

If you'd like for me to check this for you, please let me know, but to discuss the specifics of the cancellation, please contact Customer Relations direct on 

789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone).

Many Thanks,
Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos