Menu
Reidy05
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling my contract

I cancelled my contract with Virgin Media on 29 March 2016 before my allowance was refreshed on 3 April 2016. I asked for my PAC code and was told this contract would now end once I pay the month off, which I did. I then got a text saying my allowance has been renewed, my bill will be expected on 26 March 2016. I was then told by Virgin customer service that I would need to cancel the direct debit in order to stop payments from coming out. I did this and I'm still receiving letters and texts saying I need to pay, my allowance has been refreshed etc.

Why won't Virgin just cancel my contract? I'm sick of asking. I am now with Vodafone and do not want to be a customer. They've had the 30 days notice - why have they refreshed my allowance?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling my contract

You'd finished your minimum term?

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You did not say if you used your PAC Code

0 Kudos
Reidy05
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I've done the whole of the contract. The woman on the phone said it's fine, once I request my PAC code it'll take 4 days to cancel. I asked for it to be cancelled and rang back 10 days later to confirm, she said this is fine all I need to do is cancel my direct debit. I cancelled this and now I'm being told there is another process I need to go through as my contract isn't completely cancelled. So they keep refreshing my allowance without me knowing (as I am now on Vodafone). I'm paying for a contract I asked to be cancelled months ago.

To think, I opened a contract not a bloody mortgage. This will be my fourth phone call just to cancel my mobile phone contract that ended 3 months ago! Terrible network.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Reidy05,

Welcome to the forums.

I'm really sorry for any frustration caused on our part with you cancellation. So I can look into this for you, I've sent you a PM. You can view this by clicking the purple envelope in the top right.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos