Menu
annoyed1000
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling Virgin Mobile account

I would like to cancel my Virgin mobile account as I do not need it anymore. My minimum contract expired well over a year ago and all I want to do is cancel the contract. I have a disability that makes speaking (especially on a phone) but cannot find any email contact address. Would be grateful for any advice.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Virgin Mobile account

There does not appear to be one. Get someone to phone 789 on your behalf whilst you are there. Customer services will need your password and confirmation that the person is ringing for you.

When you phone 789 use the "Thinking of Leaving option."

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Further to Enli's post - you need to bear in mind that when you cancel, you will get a final payment taken two weeks after your refresh date.

annoyed1000
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply guys. If anyone from Virgin is reading this it looks like the easiest way of doing this is to cancel my direct debit which I will be doing in 7 days time. Further note for anyone from Virgin, zero marks for making it easy for people with disabilities to contact you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Seriously bad idea.

You can't just cancel the direct debit. You need to perform some further action to show that you are making a "reasonable" effort to terminate your contract.

As you're out of your minimum term, it's not too hard. Download a call recorder (I use ACR - which is a program for Android) and ring a friend to make sure it's recording properly. Then, when you're happy, ring 789 and choose the "I'm thinking of leaving" option. You will get through to someone who will initially try to keep you onboard, which isn't really unreasonable.

All you need to do is clearly state that you're leaving, and that you understand there will only be one more payment taken, and that you will be cancelling the direct debit after that. Virgin do ask that you keep DDs open for several months after you close your account so that any unexpected charges can be collected (such as roaming charges) but, frankly, you should be aware of anything you may yet get charged.

Put the resulting file somewhere safe (it will be saved on your mobile as a 3GP file, which is easily converted to MP3 if needed).

If someone at Virgin does not process your cancellation properly, and you end up with a collection agency calling, you have sufficient evidence to send them packing.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi annoyed1000,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you want to cancel your contract. It would certainly be a shame to lose you as a customer.

I appreciate the difficulties you face when trying to contact us. This would be our normal procedure but your circumstances mean this can't be done.

I'll now send you a private message to discuss the options further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos