Menu
newbie1001
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling Mobile contract

Is there any way i can cancel without having to explain myself to our customer services staff. Virgin Mobile did one on me by cancelling one of my contracts through their own greed. I do not want to be associated with a company that puts themselves before their customers.

I need a number where i cancel without question, or an email address/postal address. Please do not tell me to ring 789 or i will get very upset. I can upgrade online why can i not cancel online

0 Kudos
tiffanys
Just joined
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Mobile contract

Online I dont think they have the infrastructure to do so. Best bet is to ask for a Pac code or alternatively cancel within the 14 day period
Regards
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Mobile contract

It's not unreasonable for a company to ask why you want to leave, and nobody should begrudge them trying to do a better deal to keep you as a customer.

Equally, it's not unreasonable for you to refuse to tell them. "I have my reasons" is good enough.

Record your call, and react accordingly. I've not really had any problems with the call centre, but I've heard reports on this forum of people being sworn at or hung up on. If you are mistreated in any way, you have evidence of your attempt to cancel and can safely end your direct debit. It might come back to bite you in the form of them chasing a debt, but a visit to this forum with your recording would almost certainly result in swift action.

Note that if you cancel within your minimum term, then you will have to pay the remaining balance of that minimum term.

Does any mobile phone company have an online cancellation facility?

0 Kudos