Menu
SilkyViv
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling Contract

We had a Virgin media account but had to cancel recently as Virgin do not cover the area we moved to. My £5 monthly SIM only mobile and second mobile were part of the deal, but Virgin are happy for us to keep these and charge me extra for the SIM contract. I called last week to cancel my son’s mobile and was promised a call back at a time suitable to me – I’m still waiting.

I would be grateful if someone could advise me how to cancel the SIM contract (but possibly keep the number) and how much notice needs to be given to cancel the second mobile contract that ends in December.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Contract

SIM-only is a monthly, rolling tariff so you can cancel any time and your service runs up until the next refresh date. If you wanted to keep using the phone in that time, you would need to call again just before the refresh date to request a PAC so you can take your number to a new provider. As you aren't getting coverage at home, you may as well get your PAC now.

The PAC (porting authority code) is valid for 30 days. If you cancel your account, and don't use the PAC with a new provider within that time, you lose your number.

You'll need to give notice for contract that ends in December just one day after the November refresh date.

0 Kudos
SilkyViv
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Contract

Thanks v. much
0 Kudos