Menu
BlueBoberto
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling Contract - 10 months remaining

For the past few months I've not been able to regularly register on the Virgin network in my house (wife's phone on O2 and my work phone on Vodafone are both fine). I phoned up Virgin and got a new sim card delivered which seemed to work initially but after a few days it was back to rarely picking up signal.

Phoned up again today to ask how much it would be to cancel and was told it would be the full cost of 10 months remaining on my contract. I can drop my monthly package by about £7 from early next month thereby saving approximately £70 and cancelling then, but am I being screwed over here? If I'm not getting signal in my house then are Virgin in breach of contract or is the small print going to tell me it's my own fault for having a house made of walls and having wifi signals? It's reached the stage where I just want out of the contract with minimal fuss so any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Contract - 10 months remaining

You had 14 days to return/cancel so unless it was good then and something has changed with the network you'll have to pay sadly

0 Kudos
BlueBoberto
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Was fine for first few months, then it suddenly went to pot

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pester them get them to check on your local mast, has it been moved (rotated) changed to 4G, if any of those things I've it's the network changed, you should have a way out for free, it's a job getting them to agree but not impossible.

BlueBoberto
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers - will give it a go
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good luck, try to speak to tech support you will have more chance with then as they should be able to check, it might take a few days as they may need to go via EE but don't give up
0 Kudos