Menu
Shady1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cancel sim only deal

I called up today to get myself a sim only deal and my daughter a new monthly contract but they could only give me a sim only deal as the credit check was only for that for some reason and it was too complicated to try explain I needed both. Could be the Scottish accent and now I can't get my daughter an upgrade for another 6 months as that's when they can credit check again?!? So before it's even sent out is there any way I can just cancel it??? I'll just upgrade both of us with our existing network. Just thought the deals were better on virgin. My mistake!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel sim only deal

Hi Shady1,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you want to cancel the deal with us. Please give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we may be able to fix our earlier mistakes.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How are you getting on with this Shady1?

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Shady1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat

I phoned today and there was no record of it even though the sim arrived this morning. I was told to phone back tomorrow. Hopefully it'll get cancelled then. Will let you know. Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Keep me posted with how you get on Shady1 Smiley Happy

I'll be more than happy to help in any way I can.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Shady1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat

I called again today and again there was nothing on the system. God only knows how I got a sim delivered. But the man said I should call back if/when I get a bill and they'll refund me and cancel it.

Hopefully I won't.

Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Shady1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat

The plot thickens!!  Today I received a direct debit confirmation for the sim card.  So I phoned yet again and was told I wasn't on the system.  I happened to look at the sim packaging and lo and behold there was a mobile number on the back of it, it didn't match mine in the least! So when I said to the guy to look that number up, hey presto there I was!!  He also realised I was a virgin media customer and I told him I hadn't even received a confirmation email about the sim deal so he said they'd not put the '.' in my email address!!  He has now sent me a cancellation email.  I just hope it's FINALLY cancelled and I don't incur any charges even though it was never activated.  I'll let you know if anything else happens

Sinead

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Blimey!

I'm really sorry about that Sinead! Good thinking on giving us the number on the sim. I'm glad this is now cancelled Smiley Happy

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Shady1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I didn't even think about looking on the back of it as I honestly thought she had my number. I do think these call centres should be uk based to be honest. Hopefully it's cancelled. I'll be in touch if it isn't.
Thanks again

Sinead
0 Kudos