Menu
Gerald79
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancel contract from abroad

I tried to cancel my Virgin mobile account while still living in the UK. Unfortunately, Virgin was unable to comply with my request due to a technical problem on their part. My contract is running out next month and I would thus like to cancel it. Does anybody have an idea on how to do so without having to call the customer number in the UK?

It would be very convenient to have an e-mail address that I could contact.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel contract from abroad

Hi Gerald79,

I'm afraid that it isn't possible to email the Virgin Mobile team.

To cancel your contract you will have to do so by calling the customer service number:
Calling from abroad - Virgin mobile UK support line is +447953 967 967

You will be required to give 30 days notice of cancellation.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Gerald79
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dear AlexKid,

thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I neither have the pin for the Virgin card nor my customer number any more. I suppose I could cancel the direct debit order once the final payment of the contract has been made. After all, I already called Virgin to cancel my contract way back in July of last year. It would have just been useful to have this cancellation confirmed by Virgin (hence the original question about an e-mail address).

Kind regards,

Gerald

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gerald,

you will still need to call on: +447953 967 967 upto 30 days before your contract end date to give notice of cancellation.

I'm sure you were told when you called last year that it is not possible to give notice to cancel more than 30 days before your end date.

If you just cancel your direct debit without contacting Virgin first you will end with a debt as Virgin will still provision another months service.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos