Menu
Thorpebecki
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can you set a limit so you are not spending to much

Hi am wondering if there a way where I just pay for what traiff my daughter is in, every month she goes way over her mintuts and data is there a way that once she has reached her limit her phone can only recive incoming calls
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can you set a limit so you are not spending to much

cannot be done afaik - the only thing you can do is set a credit limit on the account - i think the minimum is £50 - ring 789 from her phone and choose the thinking of leaving us option - they should be able to confirm

you dont say what package your daughter is on - you may find there are better ones for not much more money - again 789 should help

Tony
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can you set a limit so you are not spending to much

Hi Thorpebecki,

unfortunately Virgin Mobile do not cap allowances Smiley Sad

You can request that your credit limit on the account be lowered but the minimum is £50 (still not particularly helpful Smiley Sad).

Most devices offer the ability to limit mobile data usage in the device settings (of course your daughter could override this but that would take a deliberate action). Perhaps this is something that might help?

I am not sure about airtime (minutes) other than careful monitoring Smiley Indifferent

Good luck.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos