Menu
Kev1nH
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can the data on my UK SIM be transferred onto a Virgin micro SIM in a phone I bought in the US?

Can the data on my UK SIM be transferred onto a Virgin micro SIM in a phone I bought in the US? And if so what do I need to do?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can the data on my UK SIM be transferred onto a Virgin micro SIM in a phone I bought in the US?

by "at the moment"

heathers failed to tell you that virgin mobile uk and virgin mobile us are two completly seperate companies.

there not connected in any way just have rights to the virgin name.

So itll never work, sorry for that

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can the data on my UK SIM be transferred onto a Virgin micro SIM in a phone I bought in the US?

as long as phone is tri-band, and unlocked dont see any problems
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Kev1nH wrote:

Can the data on my UK SIM be transferred onto a Virgin micro SIM in a phone I bought in the US? And if so what do I need to do?

Can you not buy a SIM card reader, and copy the details from one SIM to another??

Plenty of them on E-Bay, some which specifically say, 'copy data from one SIM card to another' ??

Google 'sim card reader' and see how many results you get.

All that you need is a PC and the dongle/software. Copy data from first SIM to PC, then copy from PC  back to second SIM.

If you want a link, PM me, as don't think links are allowed on the forum from what I remember Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Kev1nH,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

I'm sorry but we're unable to transfer data from one SIM to another at the moment. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. 

Thanks again, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

by "at the moment"

heathers failed to tell you that virgin mobile uk and virgin mobile us are two completly seperate companies.

there not connected in any way just have rights to the virgin name.

So itll never work, sorry for that

0 Kudos
Kev1nH
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. Just one other thing, when I return to the UK can I use a UK Virgin SIM in the phone I've bought in the US?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

as long as phone is tri-band, and unlocked dont see any problems
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Kev1nH wrote:

Can you not buy a SIM card reader, and copy the details from one SIM to another??

Plenty of them on E-Bay, some which specifically say, 'copy data from one SIM card to another' ??

Google 'sim card reader' and see how many results you get.

All that you need is a PC and the dongle/software. Copy data from first SIM to PC, then copy from PC  back to second SIM.

If you want a link, PM me, as don't think links are allowed on the forum from what I remember Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Kev1nH
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.

0 Kudos