Menu
moesey09
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can't use mob in Tenerife

Can anyone help me set up my mobile to make calls to the uk.I have been unable to  contact Virgin media and no info available on their site regarding my prob.Very annoyed.Any help will be much appreciated

thanks!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't use mob in Tenerife

Hi moesey09,

Go to "Manage my services" (if a pay monthly customer, you will need to have been with Virgin Mobile for more than 3 months to activate roaming).

"Roaming" needs to be set to ON & "International call barring" needs to be set to OFF

If they are not already, make the change by moving the "switch/tab" in your account.

If you have to make a change to the settings, allow time for your account to update.
(Virgin advise that this may take upto 24 or longer from abroad).

I would periodically turn the phone off/on to see if it finds and selects a network.

You may have to go into the phone's settings and "manually search for network".

If you need to call Virgin Mobile and you can borrow a phone.
Their UK support line number is: +447953 967 967

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't use mob in Tenerife

Hi moesey09,

Welcome back to the Community Forum--I'm sorry that you aren't able to make calls to the UK while you're away in Tenerife. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I'm glad to see that AlexKid has provide you with great advice.

If you are still having problems with roaming, I can look into this for you. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos