Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (81 Views)

Can't use abroad in Spain

Landed in Spain a few days ago with a SIM card I have been given a few months ago and used uninterruptedly in the UK, but won't work in Spain at all. No phone calls no data no connection.

I checked the connection details online, no smoking gun, switch phone on and off, took Sim out and in, nothing.

If I can't find a solution by the 16th which is the next paying period, I will cancel my monthly contract.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4 (54 Views)

Re: Can't use abroad in Spain

Hi avilella,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you've got no mobile network in Spain.

I'll send you a private message to see I can get to the bottom of this for you. To view this click on the purple envelope on the top right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4 (48 Views)

HI avilella,

Thanks for your contact via private message.

Following a network refresh I'd like you to now restart the handset. It should connect to the network automatically but sometimes a manual search and select is needed (Google how to do this if you're not sure).

If you want to use your data allowance abroad then you need to make sure data roaming is active on the handset itself. The basic instructions for doing this can be found here.

If your data still doesn't work then you just need to update the APN settings of the handset. You can enter them manually by looking here or you can select your handset from the list here and you'll get the update directly.

Has this worked?

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 4 (37 Views)

Still nothing after rebooting, changing the APN rebooting again.

My phone is a Google pixel
0 Kudos