Menu
gillpl
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't use Lumia 735 abroad even though 789 says I can

Have been unable to use mobile whilst abroad. Managed to find manual setting whilst in Lisbon but under each service provider it had forbidden. Only want to text or phone not use internet.

Have had various members of the younger generation try to sort it out, but to no avail. What should the settings be?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't use Lumia 735 abroad even though 789 says I can

If MichaelGr doesn't mind, it would be good to see/add some basic instructions for windows phones on that sticky post (especially as the OP to this thread has a windows phone).

Basic instructions for Windows 8 and 10 phones would be

For data roaming options
Swipe left for apps > settings > Cellular or Mobile Network > Data roaming options > choose roam or don't roam.

For APN settings
Swipe left for apps > settings > Cellular + Sim or Mobile + Sim > Sim settings > tap Add or Edit internet APN.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi gillpl,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you're not able to use your mobile while in Lisbon. 

Checking into this for you, I can see a problem with your settings, so I've reset these. You will need to reboot your phone and then retry.

For further help, please see the post that @MichaelGr has put up: HELP GUIDE - Mobile Data Roaming for Pay Monthly / SIMO Customers

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If MichaelGr doesn't mind, it would be good to see/add some basic instructions for windows phones on that sticky post (especially as the OP to this thread has a windows phone).

Basic instructions for Windows 8 and 10 phones would be

For data roaming options
Swipe left for apps > settings > Cellular or Mobile Network > Data roaming options > choose roam or don't roam.

For APN settings
Swipe left for apps > settings > Cellular + Sim or Mobile + Sim > Sim settings > tap Add or Edit internet APN.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
gillpl
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the help, have rebooted phone. Whist not going on hols till end of September hubby is going to France next week and will send phone with him to try out

0 Kudos