Menu
jufo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can't upgrade refused for credit Check

Found out yesterday that I should have upgraded in January phoned virgin they apologised and I see ted new phone everything going ok then refused because of credit check. Couldn't understand why and virgin said I had passed theirs but not outside agency.
Been a virgin customer for years for TV , broadband, phone and mobile . On the advice of the lady I spoke to I phoned the credit check company that virgin use and was told I would need to sign up for credit check . I did this and credit rating is excellent and they said to take it back to virgin . I did this and was told that if they tried to put it through again and it was declined it would affect my credit history.
Really annoyed as I moved from being with o 2 to virgin so that my business was with one company.
Now I'm left with paying virgin 125 pounds monthly for all my services and a mobile that has had its day. Help please
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't upgrade refused for credit Check

Hi jufo,

you can use the contact options on this page: Help and Support

Or wait and this post may be picked up by one of the Virgin forum team but that is likely to be a couple of days.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Lil-Squabbit
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Not that this will help you (*which I am truly sorry for) but the same thing happend to us this week. Went in to add a new phone contract, impecable payment record, account always in credit, credit report and score excellent and still failed Virgins credit check. This is nothing more than a joke if you ask me.

Hope you get it sorted!

...........................................................................................................
Lil-Squabbit is soooooo NOT amused!!!!

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin are having major problems with a certain set of customers not getting through credit checks. These are internal, and do not affect your credit rating*

There doesn't seem to be any momentum to fix the problem. It seems to be an issue with their own software - maybe your postcode is blacklisted or they are using an old address file.

* You can check for yourself. Experian (and possibly the other agencies) allow you to check your credit record for free. You have to sign up for the service which is free for 30 days, but you need to supply a credit card number. It's easy to quit within 30 days and they confirm you won't be charged (I've been through the process myself). You will see who has been looking at your credit file. You can be sure that Virgin isn't on the list.

jufo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have done the credit check which is excellent now scared to apply for a phone anywhere . Virgin said it was not their Check I failed but the outside one and on checking my credit score with that company it is excellent . So angry as I have been with virgin for years and first time I have ever had a problem .
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you know. I have personal experience of people failing Virgin's checks and getting a phone from elsewhere. 

No credit searches have been logged with the major credit check agencies.

Go fugure

jufo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi how do I contact virgin media through this forum . Been in touch with eqifax who say I have excellent credit rating and the fault is not with them . Still can't get my contract updated it's becoming a joke . Help anyone?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi jufo,

you can use the contact options on this page: Help and Support

Or wait and this post may be picked up by one of the Virgin forum team but that is likely to be a couple of days.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The mods on here don't really deal with accounts.

Really you have done all you can without going through a load more hassle.

I certainly would take my mobile phone business elsewhere, if I was treated like that

Lil-Squabbit
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Not that this will help you (*which I am truly sorry for) but the same thing happend to us this week. Went in to add a new phone contract, impecable payment record, account always in credit, credit report and score excellent and still failed Virgins credit check. This is nothing more than a joke if you ask me.

Hope you get it sorted!

...........................................................................................................
Lil-Squabbit is soooooo NOT amused!!!!