Menu
sutt2467
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't turn voicemail on

Hi

When I call 222, it indicates that voicemail is already switched on and there's no option to set it up. However, when I don't answer a call, VM doesn't run and it just hangs up on the caller. I've also tried switching VM on through my account settings and it updates, says that it's on, and then as soon as I go back to that page, it says VM is off. I can't get through on the 789 support number as Option 4 for VM queries doesn't work, and cuts me off. So my question is, how on earth to I turn VM on? It's incredibly frustrating! My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't turn voicemail on

Is this PAYG or Contract (I ask as both have different errors on site bellow)

https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/login

Try enabling your VoiceMail from there and ley me know what happens to see if same as I get.

0 Kudos
sutt2467
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I'm on contract.

When I update it through that link, I get the same message I had before where it says this:

But if I go off that page and come back, the change hasn't stuck, and it looks like this:

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yip my PAYG Sim does that, instantly goes Green then on refreshing page back to OFF.

The Contract Sim 99% of the time goes Yellow as bellow but 1% of the times goes Green but both on page refresh are OFF.

The other various settings on both Sims took me 1-2days of trying to get them to finally stay Enabled.

0 Kudos