Menu
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Can't turn on roaming - HELP !

I'm in France for the next month, whenever I switch on roaming nothing happens, when i switch it on and check later, the setting is back to off. Clearly I can't phone Virgin and there appears to be no way to contact them online or via email ! I also note that the complaints chat option ALWAYS says all the agents are busy, anyone got any suggestions ?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't turn on roaming - HELP !

I see there is s sticky about roaming now but unhelpfully it says if you have problems then phone Virgin, well duhr !, I can't phone as have no signal !!
0 Kudos
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Still no closer to getting this resolved !. PLEASE can I have some help on this !!
0 Kudos
Ian_Nunthorpe
Dialled in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I am in exactly the same position and have received no help so far despite a couple of posts on this forum. Please Virgin contact us by Personal Messaging and set up roaming on our phones ASAP.
0 Kudos
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting !. What awful service Virgin are proving. Could someone pm me ?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andydd68,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're not able to roam while in France.

I'd like to help you get this sorted.

When you log into your account you will need to do the follwoing:

Click plan and device

Click manage services tab

Select to turn roaming on and click update which will then present you with a green successfully changed message.

You would then need to leave it for 24 hours to go live.

I tested this myself the other day using my own account as I'm due to go abroad soon and managed to turn it off and on successfully but needed to wait the 24 hours each time.

If this doesn't work then I would suggest calling our mobile team on +447953967967 from a landline or roaming mobile so we can take a look at this for you.

Hope this helps.

Let me know how it goes.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I've switched it on and green message appeared at 19.35 UK time. I'll switch it off/on in 24 hours time but I suspect it still won't work.

Yet again you've replied saying I should phone if I have problems!. I CANT PHONE as I have no signal ! Why isn't there an email or another way of contacting Virgin !?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andydd68,

Thanks for your reply.

Appreciate this maybe inconvenient. 

Due to the nature of your query you would need to speak with our mobile team directly.

Activating roaming is a change to your account and has the potential to incur charges so we would need to pass DPA over the phone.

As roaming is not working for you please call our mobile team on +447953967967 from an alternative handset or landline as I mentioned on my post.

Many thanks.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Hayleydee81
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Arrived in Portugal yesterday after speaking to the mobile team to ensure roaming was switched on and to buy a travel pass but it won't work. Tried switching on and off again, conecting manually to the network etc and roaming says it's on but won't connect to the Internet. I can't phone from here. Help please!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hayleydee81,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear data roaming is not working for you in Portugal.

I'd like to see if I can get this sorted for you.

As you can connect to a local network carrier roaming should be enabled with us assuming you can make calls.

It does sound as though data roaming may not be switched on, on the handset.

Can you provide me with the make an model of the handset I can give you some instructions on how to turn data roaming on.

If you wish to speak to our mobile team about you would need to call +447953967967 from a roaming mobile or landline.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos