Menu
Dilbob
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't send text over 160 characters

Until recently partner could send texts over 160 characters but not any more. Have seen others are having issues but partner has been told it must be a problem with 'phone settings. Could not get any more details when my partner rang as account in my name - tried ringing myself but gave up waiting to get through.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't send text over 160 characters

0 Kudos
Chris_P
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please add myself and a friend of mine each experiencing this same problem since Friday on Virgin mobile. One old Motorola phone, one much newer Samsung.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dilbob,

Welcome to the Community Forum, thanks for your post. Sorry that you have been experiencing problems sending text messages over 160 characters. Is this working for you now? 

Please let me know. If it's still ongoing, I'll need to take more details from you so that I can look into the problem further. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Dilbob
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. The issue resolved itself sometime last week.
Regards
Simon
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dilbob,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm glad to hear that the texting problem has now been fixed. 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos