Menu
Annan865
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't send or recieve messages or calls

I joined virgin mobile a nearly 2 weeks ago now and i am unable to send or recieve texts or calls. I have been on to customer service several times now and they cant seem to find anything wrong and dont know what the problem is. They have went through some trouble shooting questions witg me and sent me a new sim card but nothing has worked. I have also tried my sim card in other phones and have the same issue so i know its not my hand set. Any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Wheres_Wally
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't send or recieve messages or calls

This won't make you feel much better OP, but you aren't alone! I have exactly the same issue.

The question VM is what are you going to do to resolve?!

0 Kudos
Annan865
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A couple hours After putting this post on it magicaly started working 9 days after i got the phone. Its been a joke. Ive seen loads of posts about the same thing just happy its sorted now. Fingers crossed no more issues
0 Kudos
Wheres_Wally
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mine only started last night, at least I think it started last night...

I've only been with VM three weeks, and it's not been a good start. Late delivery of simcards, multiple dropped calls by CS and now this gem.

I predict my DD will be cancelled until resolved

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Annan865 and Wheres_Wally,

Thanks for your posts on the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you've both been having problems with your Virgin Mobile service and that your experience starting up with Virgin hasn't been a great one! 

@Annan865: I'm glad to hear that the service has started working for you. How has this been going for you?

@Wheres_Wally: Are you still having a problem with your mobile service? Have you been in touch with us via 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) to report this issue since you last posted here?

Please let me know. If you are still having a problem with this, I'll be able to look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Wheres_Wally
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'll let you know when I'm back in the country @Terri_P, couple of weeks time.

To be honest phoning your call centre is next to pointless, they haven't a clue. They did send a new SIM, it should be waiting for me when I return. I can almost guarantee that isn't the issue though.
0 Kudos