Menu
MikeR371
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can't send or receive text messages

Samsung S4 mini. Everything else seems to work fine, wifi and voice calls. But I can't send or receive texts. If I send it tells me "sending" then "message not sent". I tried turning off, taking battery out, turning on etc but it's the same thing. What can I do?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't send or receive text messages

Hi MikeR371,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with text messaging on the phone. It seems very odd that this is the only thing not working. Are you able to perform a manual network search on the phone to see if connecting to an alternative network helps?

You can do this by going into Settings > Connections > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators.You can connect to any Virgin/Orange/T-mobile network.

Give this a go and let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
MikeR371
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I couldn't receive calls either, though I could make them.

Virgin sorted this eventually. My number was originally on Orange (we're talking 10+ years ago though), somehow the diverts (or redirects) had been changed by them a few days ago. No apparent reason. A call from Virgin to Orange got this fixed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply MikeR371 Smiley Happy

I'm glad to hear this was all sorted for you in the end. It's a very strange scenario!

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
MikeR371
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This same problem came back again on New Year's eve. It was sorted out pretty quickly though when I explained that it had happened before. I was assured that it wouldn't recur.

But today it's happened again. I've spent ages on the phone, spoken to 4 different people. I've been told that some bar has been lifted and it might take 24 hours to take effect. I've got no real confidence that this will work - it was fixed pretty much instantly the last two times when they realised what the problem was. I did tell them today that the first time it happened it was fixed by a call by Virgin to Orange but they didn't seem to listen. This has been very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI MikeR371,

Thanks for bumping the thread. I really apologise the text message issue has reappeared.

If I'm honest, I'm not quite sure why it has reoccurred. I'm assuming all your bills are up to date and you haven't done anything with your online account.

I see it has been a few days since you posted. Has this been resolved by any chance?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
MikeR371
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi this has been resolved now, though the phone was out of action for two days. It was a problem with the routing at the EE end apparently. I've been told it won't happen again, so we shall see (I was told that the first two times it went wrong as well though!).

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear this is all sorted MikeR371 Smiley Happy

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos