Menu
johnlunar
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't send SMS since overseas trip

I went to France last week. When I arrived there I could recieve texts but not send them. Now I'm back in UK and still can't send Smiley Sad

I've checked the SMSC number, Turned 'Airplane Mode' on and off again, done a 'manual roam', rebooted, and tried the sim in the phone's other (dual sim) slot... still no luck Smiley Sad

Android Asus Zenfone Max

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
johnlunar
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't send SMS since overseas trip

Called 789 and they found something on my account had gone wrong. They reset it there and then! Tech eh?

0 Kudos

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That sounds like you've looked in to the back end of an Android phone, have you checked that the message app shows the same number?

open app, settings service center number. +447958879890  ?

0 Kudos
johnlunar
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks J0hn, but yes I checked in the message app settings. I can't find anywhere else to check it (i.e. back end of android). Stumped Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
johnlunar
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still struggling. Tried setting phome to 3g only and 2g only, restart, no luck.

Installed google Messenger and that's giving 'Can't send message with Virgin - ERROR 50' code each time I try to send. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Chris_P
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I wonder if you're having the same problem as many others here - an inability to sent text message longer than 160 characters (i.e. a single text "unit"). If so, please add myself and a friend of mine each experiencing this same problem since Friday on Virgin mobile. One old Motorola phone, one much newer Samsung.

0 Kudos
johnlunar
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Called 789 and they found something on my account had gone wrong. They reset it there and then! Tech eh?

0 Kudos