Menu
cosso1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can't receive calls, texts, mobile internet, intermittent fault

I am having major issues with receiving calls, sending receiving texts and internet.

When people are ringing me, most of the time it will tell them the number isn't available. Text messages are taken around an hour or more to come through to me, when I send texts, it can take up to 20 mins before they go. The internet is constantly dropping.

I spoke to customer services on numerous occasions and have also spoke with the technical department, they told me to change some settings, so I have still got the same issues.

I've already been sent a new sim, I have also tried the sim card in another phone and still got the same problems.

Virgin please sort this out for me.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't receive calls, texts, mobile internet, intermittent fault

Ok this forum is mainly self help, let's see what we can do for tou

Make and model of the phone? Postcode? When the phone is on can you see any bars of reception at the top?

Have you tried to manually select a network? Is mobile date active on the phone, do you have a working wifi?

0 Kudos
cosso1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Samsung S7

NG118GP

Yes all bars for reception are as they should be.

Yes manually tried to select network.

Yes mobile data is active.

Yes wifi is on and working.

Virgin tech team told me to turn on data roaming and select 2g/3g, but still exact same problem.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok I can see that coverage is there but there are a few local areas where it's poor, so if the network is busy, then you will have a poor service. On 3G the phone showing a good signal does not mean you have a good service, when the masts are close to capacity, service is restricted to closer to the mast, it's called "breathing" so you can see a signal but not use it.

you have a quality phone with a standard Android base. Network mode should show, 2g/3G/4g Auto ( Virgin do not have a 4 g network coverage so don't get your hopes up. Then go int network selection, and manually search. You may find one or two options for Virgin. The first may have an upper case V, the second. Lower case v, not all can see the two options, choose the lower case virgin and see if service is restored, if not try the upper case Virgin ( that's the older T-Mobile frequency, the lower case v is the EE option.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If that still fails in the keyboard type.  *#*#7790#*#* then choose phone information, scroll down and read the info. You looking for, a connected cell and GSM in service, network type HSPA, then in set network type ( it's a drop down box) choose GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto, press the home button then reboot.

0 Kudos
cosso1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I can't find the option to choose lower case or upper case "v" for network.

Also the *#*#7790#*#*  doesn't do anything.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok, I've searched and found two options, the second one is   *#*#4636#*#*

if you only find the one option when doing a manual network search that's how it is suspossed to be, but for some, myself included there are both options.

0 Kudos
cosso1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I managed to find the settings and alter them, but still the exact same problems.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cosso1,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message again.

I'm sorry to read that there have been some issues on the calls tests and ther services. I have been able to look into the issue and i would like to ask if you can now reboot your phone and check the services?

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos