Menu
tommccrossan
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't make calls from abroad.

Hi. Before coming on holiday I checked with Virgin that call roaming was set up for my phone and my wife's. I was told everything was ok. However, I can receive incoming calls here in Spain but can't make outgoing calls. I get a message saying "calls to this number are restricted ". Have looked at other similar questions on here but can't work out a solution. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and my wife's is a Moto G2. Can anyone help?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't make calls from abroad.

Hi,

It sounds like you have international call baring active on your account.

Go to manage my services - international call baring needs to be OFF.

AlexKid :-)
0 Kudos
tommccrossan
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, AlexKid. Managed to follow your instructions only to be told "you can only change this setting from the UK"! However, managed to use Hola to circumvent this restriction.

Obviously when I phoned Virgin Mobile before my holiday to check I was set up for call roaming, the helpdesk person hadn't the sense to point out to me that I wouldn't be able to make calls unless they made another change!

Cheers for your assistance!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Tommccrossan,

Thank you for coming in a posting your message, I hope you ahve enjoyed your holiday.

I can see you've had some help and the raoming settings would need to be changed before you travel, at least 24 hours. This is to ensure that we can get the right provisions in order Smiley Happy

I hope this helps and take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos