Menu
Topcat040
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't make calls from USA

I'm in USA, unable to use IPhone 5 to make any calls. I've checked my account it's all set up, roaming is turned on, international barring is off. I can text and use internet it just won't let me make calls. I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't make calls from USA

Hi Topcat040,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems making calls whilst abroad in the USA and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

Here's a few troubleshooting suggestions to try:

Firstly, check that you’re all set up to use your phone abroad by simply logging into Your Account online: Mobile Account Login.

It’s also a good idea to check that there’s network coverage where you are. Just click here to check the coverage where you’re visiting: Coverage Checker.

You can also try turning the phone off and then back on again. Sounds simple, but it'll refresh the network signal on your phone and, more often than not, it does the trick.

If that doesn't work, you can try a manual network search. Here's how:

• Go into 'Settings' on your phone.
• Now go to 'Phone Settings'.
• Then choose 'Network Selection'.
• Select ‘Manual’ network selection instead of 'Automatic' and let the phone search for available networks. This might take up to a minute.
• Now you should have a list of networks you can use.

If you're still stuck, try what we call a 'hard reboot'. Just remove the battery from your phone without turning it off first, then wait about 20 minutes before putting it back in and switching the phone on.

This reboots your phone and it normally does the trick. 

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Topcat040
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. I'm back in the UK now but I got it sorted in the end.
Tracey
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for getting back to me, Tracey. I'm glad that you were able to get it working. Hope you had a lovely time in the States.

Take care,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos