Menu
nckryan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can't get through to Virgin!

I am abroad and have just got my bill through, which is three times higher than normal. It seems to be going up every day because of internet usage despite the fact that I barely use the internet on my phone except when connected to wifi. I have tried to call the Virgin helpline as well as connect to the Virgin online help desk but both services are down. Is there anything that can be done in this situation i.e. get through to someone or similarly if anyone has experienced an unexpected bill increase. My contract came to an end recently so maybe I don't have any internet allowance any more. However, I don't recognise all the internet usage, some being in the middle of the night. It would be good to get this at least recognised by Virgin but there is no one to contact!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't get through to Virgin!

Hi nckryan,

you don't say where abroad you are.

Outside of the EU roaming charges are expensive and your phone may well connect (therefore incur charges) automatically.

I would recommend that you turn off mobile data on your device to avoid this happening.
(You will still be able to use WiFi).

Try clicking on this link: Help and Support - Contact Us then select Mobile then select Mobile and billing then select Chat online.

The advisors are often busy though so you may not get connected straight away.
(You are best off using a PC or laptop and keeping the page open, just refresh it every few minutes).

To call Virgin Mobile from abroad. Their UK support line number is: +447953 967 967

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
nckryan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply AlexKid. Unfortunately, the problem has started in the UK a month ago (I'm in France and have been for about 4 days only). So it's unlikely to be the mobile data option.

Do you have an idea of how often you need to try to get through? I've being trying about 3 hours with no luck. The phone number I called said that there would be a charge if I carried on before saying that there was no telephone service available for billing issues abroad. So basically it seems that I need to hope for the best and try get everything resolved when I get back home (in 2 weeks) by which time I could be looking at another big bill. I'll keep trying the online support (thanks for the links, which fortunately I have been using already) but it seems very difficult to get through. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi nckryan,

the advisors are always busy and every user complains that it takes an age to chat with one Smiley Sad

That is why I said that you are best off using a PC or laptop and keeping the page open, just refresh it every few minutes until one becomes available.

I'm not actually sure that they are able to deal with billing issues but they can at least arrange for a call back from a member of the appropriate team.

Good luck Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Nckryan,

Thank you for your messags so far, I hope that you are enjoying your time away in France.

The WebChat team can be very useful and I would like to know if we have been able to help and look into the issue at hand already?

Please stay in touch and thank you in advance.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
nckryan
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Ben. I had a text the day after saying that there had been technical difficulties with my account and I might have been experiencing difficulties. It then asked that I rang an 0800 number. As I'm in France, I haven't done this yet. However, I hope that the tripling of the bill can be explained in this way. (I came to the end of my contract and rather than it continuing as before, as I'd been told if I didn't take out a new one immediately, I think I've been put on the wrong tariff. It would be nice to be sure that I am interpreting this correctly so if you think there is an alternative way of resolving this before I get home (a week Wednesday) that would be good. (I never did manage to get through on the online help though I did try.) Nick

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Nckryan Smiley Happy

Thanks for the reply and coming back to me so soon.

I would really recommend calling in on that nunber as we can look into the billing side. The WebChat is an effective way if there are agents available, they would be more than willing to help.

Thank you.

Ben

0 Kudos
nckryan
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben. However I don't see how I can get through to Virgin - it continually says 'Try again later', while the 0800 number cannot be used abroad. Do you have any other suggestions?

Many thanks

Nick

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nckryan,

Thank you for coming in and letting me know.

I would like to ask how are you trying to use the WebChat? I have found personally that using a PC or tablet is the best method on getting in touch.

All the best.

Ben

0 Kudos