Menu
Shannon2611
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't get sim working!!

I ordered a new sim, same number for a new phone about 6 months ago, I didnt activate it as I didnt want to switch phones just yet but now have,  I cant find the text code to shut my old sim and transfer to the new one and not sure what to do! It didnt transfer automatically as it should have and as I dont have the instructions to activate the new one Im not sure what to do, Ive called them up and they've been less than helpful, not understanding that its the same number, just need it activated, and my old one deactivated and the sims are too different sizes so I cant just transfer it over.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't get sim working!!

Hi Shannon2611,

you'll need to contact Virgin Mobile again and request another replacement SIM.

Replacement SIM's need to be activated within 30 days.

To do this you need to send the text READY to 789678 from your old phone & SIM.

You should then receive a text back saying the request has been successful.

After this your old SIM will deactivate and later your new SIM will become active.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Shannon2611
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thats great thanks, one more thing, I've decided whilst im at it, to change tariffs over, when my new sim is sent out, will I be charged for both sims, or will i be switched over straight away to ther new 4g one?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Shannon2611, 

Because you have changed your tariff you will only be charged for the one that you change it to, which I believe is the 4G package, this will take affect from the next refresh date after ordering the 4G package. 

You will pay your original package price up until the switch over then you will pay the new package price going forward. 

This is just a very basic explanation to this, if you would like me to look further into this please let me know and I’ll be more than happy to have a look at your account in better detail for you. 

Take care, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos