Menu
MonkFrog
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can't get mobile data to work with new Z3 phone

Just got a replacement for my old phone which is exactly the same - z3 compact - but with this one the mobile data is not working.  I've downloaded the internet and mms settings multiple times and even entered the apn data manually but it just won't connect over mobile.  I've had the settings sent to my phone using the virgin mobile service too where you have to enter the pin and select the phone. There's no problem connecting to the internet via the wifi connection and the network is working for phone and texts, obviously mobile data is turned on, I've even tried turning data roaming on but that makes no difference.  Can someone help?

0 Kudos
MonkFrog
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't get mobile data to work with new Z3 phone

Do Virgin staff reply on this forum?

0 Kudos
MonkFrog
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bump

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MonkFrog,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I sincerely apologise for the problems you've been having with regards to mobile data not working on your new Z3 compact phone.

I'd like to get more information on this. Could you please answer the following:-

Have you tried the SIM card in another phone?

Has the Z3 been factory reset?

What is the network mode set to?

Do you get any data symbols showing?

Hope to hear from you soon.

P.S. Every time you post or bump the thread it sends you to the back of the queue. In future just post once and we'll happily respond as soon as possible.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
MonkFrog
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I determined that it was a problem with the phone as the sim worked for data in my friend's phone, I've sent the phone back.  Thanks for replying.

0 Kudos