Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10 (194 Views)

Can't get mobile customer support abroad

Hi I am on holiday and I can not get an internet connection with my 4G SIM. I have tried all the suggestions but still no connection.
I have tried calling 789 and +44 7953 967 967 but can not get through. Either after selecting the option I get you have dialed in invalid number or the service is unavailable.
My other Virgin phones work ok.
Anybody know a working way to get to customer services?
Thanks.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Up to speed
Message 2 of 10 (333 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by martinclode
a week ago

Re: Can't get mobile customer support abroad

[ Edited ]
Have you tried dialing 150? I too am stranded abroad without data. Make sure you claim against VM for this for any lost £ and time.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Forum Team
Message 9 of 10 (152 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by martinclode
a week ago

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your contact via private message.

Following a network refresh I'd like you to now restart the handset. It should connect back to the network automatically but sometimes a manual search is needed.

If you want to use your data allowance abroad then you need to make sure data roaming is active on the handset itself. The basic instructions for doing this can be found here.

If your data still doesn't work then you just need to update the APN settings of the handset. You can enter them manually by looking here or you can select your handset from the list here and you'll get the update directly.

Has this worked?

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Up to speed
Message 2 of 10 (334 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by martinclode
a week ago

[ Edited ]
Have you tried dialing 150? I too am stranded abroad without data. Make sure you claim against VM for this for any lost £ and time.
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10 (153 Views)

Thanks Sanuelos, molto grazzi. I thought that number only worked from home phone. The only solution is to send a replacement SIM - to my home! But I am being credited for the loss of service.
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10 (135 Views)

Hi martinclode,

Thanks for taking the time to post. Sorry to hear you're unable to get a mobile connection abroad.

You don't need a replacement SIM card. I'll send you a private message to get this activated for you. To view this click on the purple envelope on the top right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 10 (132 Views)

I can't use my phone at all on holiday I managed to get through to someone today but they said the same get a cheep SIM why should I buy a SIM I already pay my monthly rate I am so angry I have family at home worried if I'm ok no help at all
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10 (122 Views)

Hi Mumsyve,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're unable to use your phone abroad.

Don't buy a SIM card until I've had a look. I'll send you a private message also and hopefully get to the bottom of this. See the purple envelope on the top right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10 (96 Views)

Hi Rich_B,
My first concern is, I am new to this forum, how can I tell this is not a phishing message? This isn't a personal attack but it is a public forum that anyone can join.

Some background to my issue... I recently replaced this SIM to move to a 4G tariff and it works fine in GB. Here (in Italy) I get voice but no data. International roaming is enabled on my account. The issue moves with the SIM, I have tried swapping SIMs and now the original phone gets data.

Cheers,
Martin.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10 (85 Views)

Hi Martin,

It's not a phishing message because you initiated the contact for help and I answered. All forum staff members can be found here for your perusal.

I know exactly what needs to be done to fix it as I have done it many times (see here for a recent example) but I need your details as outlined in the private message.

Please provide them if you're comfortable and it'll work a treat for you.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10 (153 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by martinclode
a week ago

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your contact via private message.

Following a network refresh I'd like you to now restart the handset. It should connect back to the network automatically but sometimes a manual search is needed.

If you want to use your data allowance abroad then you need to make sure data roaming is active on the handset itself. The basic instructions for doing this can be found here.

If your data still doesn't work then you just need to update the APN settings of the handset. You can enter them manually by looking here or you can select your handset from the list here and you'll get the update directly.

Has this worked?

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10 (63 Views)

Hi Rich,
Molto grazzi!
It worked. My son sends his heartfelt thanks. No pokestop in Venice will be safe.
Thanks again,
Martin.