Menu
MrsMoose
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't get into account

Some security upgrade seems to have locked me out of my account. My old password doesn't seem to work/be recognised but trying to get it reset seems like an endless circle of hell. Endless little Oops messages, lots of pictures to tick to prove that I am not a robot, invisible security questions, attempts to register from scratch with texts of series of letters and puncuation marks sent to my phone - , but not getting anywhere. Meanwhile the old freephone number to Virgin Mobile - which I used to access seems to have disappeared, so I can't speak to a person.  They don't do online chat after 5pm on Saturdays.

All I actually wanted to do was top-up my PAYG phone, which I don't use much, and be able to access my balance. However, I am getting so fed up with Virgin Mobile, I'm considering buying a new phone and switching to a new network.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of problem and managed to resolve it?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't get into account

Hi MrsMoose,

if you call 789 from your Virgin mobile phone (free call) you will be able to listen to your balance and top up if you have a card registered with them.

You can also access customer services (still free) who will be able to help you with this if you have any problem.

They may also be able to help or advise with your problem of accessing your online account.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

MrsMoose
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, that was helpful. I rang 789 and have the top-up sorted. The guy on the end of the line accepted my old password for verification, though said it was all in upper-case. (My original password was in lower case)

It's still a bit of a mystery as I then tried using in the uppercase version of my old password to log into the website, but it's still being rejected there.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear you're still having issues MrsMoose Smiley Sad 

The password you give over the phone will not necessarily be the one you used to log in. Does the reset password prompt not work correctly for this?

Let me know when you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
MrsMoose
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I haven't managed to successfully reset my password. I imagine I will have to ring 789 and try and talk to someone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How did you get on with this MrsMoose?

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos