Menu
rosiemartini
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't connect to network

Hello

I've just come back from Portugal and although I could initially connect to the network, I can no longer send or receive texts or calls, including phoning 789 for help, only the wifi is working. I've tried turning off/on which doesn't work. The only suggestion I've seen is to remove the battery while it's still on; my phone is a Sony Experia Z1 and the back is glued on preventing me from doing that.

Please can you advise me what to do.

Thanks,
Rosie
0 Kudos
Mitsubishiash
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't connect to network

I can't help Rosie, but I have exactly the same issue. Just back from Spain and I have no network connection at all, so no calls or texts. Like you, I have WiFi OK. When I search for networks, I see orange, 3 etc, but no virgin. I have emergency calls only. Any advice or assistance greatly appreciated!! Customer service not open until 10am today Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
rosiemartini
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah hopefully we can help each other! I don't have the means to call customer service as it won't send the call. Please can you tell me if you find out what to do? I'm planning to take it to a shop. Good luck!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi rosiemartini,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear you cant connect back to our network.

Before you went abroad did you change any settings on the phone to allow calls to be made abroad also what list of networks do you see?

Any more information you feel relevant would be greatSmiley Happy

Look forward to your reply.

Cheers

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
rosiemartini
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No worries, sorted now thanks, I phoned the 0345 number on my boyfriend's phone. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi rosiemartini,

Great to hear its all ok for you now.

Get back to us if you have any more issues.

Take careSmiley Happy

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos